Delivered in collaboration with The Blockchain Academy® Language: English
Price: € 495 + VAT
LSBC Members save 50 % on one participation fee.
This 1-day course is designed for business leaders, innovators, and future thinkers with an interest to understand the business potential of blockchain technology.
- Grasp the fundamental functional elements of Blockchain and recognize its transformative power for business and society
- Hands-on Blockchain simulation in Excel, consolidate the understanding of the fundamental functional elements of Blockchain and Review the tools for access to a Blockchain
- Grasp the Blockchain features, its programmability and its impact on business
- Acquire a feeling for the context of Blockchain business application
- Blockchain for beginners
- Workshop: Blockchain simulation
- Smart contracts, decentralization & ICO’s
- Workshop: Blockchain in your business
- Wrap-up and discussion
Your course speaker:
After a career of 15 years in investment management, Wim Stalmans reoriented his professional activity towards Blockchain in the beginning of 2016 and created The Blockchain Academy® in the first quarter of 2017. With the conviction that decentralized trust will change profoundly the future of business and society and that important educational efforts will be needed on the path to adoption, he’s building a platform that brings together technical, economical and societal Blockchain-expertise. His management and finance oriented academic and professional background forced him to scrutinize the highly complex IT-oriented Blockchain subject from a fundamental point of view and allows him today to bring forward a view on Blockchain that focuses on the logical understanding of the subject. He is the mentor for a series of introductory Blockchain courses and workshops and writes articles with a focus on the vulgarisation of critical elements in the understanding of Blockchain. He trains board of directors and corporate teams in Luxembourg and Belgium. Among his clients he counts fiduciaries, law firms and financial services companies. Wim has been educated at The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and holds Master degree in Management from UCL, France.