Benefits Of Business Networking: Why And How?
By Chin-Undram Odsuren
We live in an interconnected world. Everything is connected one way or another. In a world such as ours, businesses and individuals with good connections thrive. It is not only about partnership or employment, good networking also opens the door to mentors, investments, and invaluable advice! If you are trying to build your name in the competitive business world, discover how networking can help you from this article.
Networking is one of the most important aspects of the business world. LinkedIn users reported that 85% found jobs through networking in 2016. Another survey concludes that 78% of startups prove how networking is vital for success. More benefits include:
Benefits of networking
- Find professional mentors: It might be hard to further your studies with your business. You can instead learn hands-on knowledge from experts in your field.
- Attract potential investors: Where else can you find people who will be interested in your idea other than a good networking circle?
- Get inspiration: From a pool of experienced professionals, it is easier to draw inspiration and come up with your own idea.
- Access new job opportunities: Get the latest news about new job openings from your network.
- Answer your questions: It is evident you will encounter new problems. Your circle of the business network will surely help you find answers to your questions.
How to network
While it is undoubted that networking is essential, most people still find it difficult to establish a good relationship with potential professionals or businesses. Therefore, we prepared those tips for you!
- Develop a plan: Before you start networking, be set on what you are looking for. Are you looking for someone who can give you a referral to your dream company? Are you looking for potential investors? Or are you just trying to figure out your next goal as you go and need inspiration? Every plan has its own path. Make sure yours match where you want to go.
- Focus on the relationship: Networking is about people and people are the product of relationships. Networking is not a job interview – you are there to create a lasting relationship that can help you in the long run. Make sure you don’t forget to listen to people and be respectful.
- Figure out your contribution: Asking a simple question like “How can I help you?” can go far. Show that you are initiative; that might come helpful in the long run.
- Commit: It is easy to get lost and overwhelmed after a long night of networking. But if you found something you were looking for, make sure to follow up and commit to the relationship you built with the said person or company. That way, you know who you can work with in the future!
Networking is one of the most useful tools in the business world. It can help you land a job or find an investor. Its benefits are limitless if you utilize it using the tips we provided for you. After the article, we hope that you found inspiration to start networking that can come in handy soon!